Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Why do people hate me?

I have many times wondered "Do people Hate me?" Recently one of my (ex)friend implicitly answered: YES. So, now I am wondering "Why do people hate me?"

I am sure nobody is even gonna read this bcoz if they do so then my theory holds invalid. But warning to all those who have by mistake entered this blog plz do not. You might be disgusted much before you reach the end.

People hate me simply because I am hateable. Why? Well I guess that is a million dollar question one needs to answer...

May be I am selfish!
I agree that I am selfish. But who isnt? Every body is selfish in one way or other. Then why only me. As one my (ex)friend had said "RP, you are too self-centered." Is this a reason for people to hate me. What troubles me is that I am actually not able to feel that I am selfish. I dont claim a selfless either but definitely not selfish. But people around me feel so. Why? And what have I done to them that they feel that I am selfish? No idea!

May be I am a bore!
Possible. But, people around me dont seem to show ne facial reaction. Actually, ppl do write/talk nice things about my sense of humour. I am claimed to have a good sense of humour, to which I dont disagree. So, if people find me bore then may be I am really one hell of a bore.

May be I am a psycho!
This is one hell of a possibility. I do agree to this one. Many times I find myself behaving like one. But still my definition of psycho is way beyond what I do. But what if people around me dont feel so? This is a seriously dangerous situation. A Psycho not knowing he is really one. Wow! Interesting situation....

May be I am a cheap!
People often tell me to look normal. They find me staring often. They find me giving vicious looks. They find me behaving cheaply. A cheap, it seems. Well, I am not sure I am cheap. But, yep I agree that I indeed stare, sometimes. But, what else can I do if the gal out there is exposing her assets. I am no saint. And I cannot control my natural reaction.

So, with these limited reasons I am confused. Bcoz all these reasons are the ones that make what I am. And these are the same reasons why others hate me. So, does this mean..... I am by default hateable!!! So nice to hear.... So encouraging....

No wonder I lose friends....

14 comments:

Vinesh said...

Buddy do you really mean all this?

RP said...

@vinesh: I am very moody. And at times, I am at a very depressed mood and during those moments, I believe in every word on this.

Thanks for dropping by. And,
welcome to my world of choas, confusion and depression, if in this blog. On my other blogs, welcome to world of fun, joy and enjoyment.

divya said...

cheer up and smile...pass the smile on..

RP said...

@divya: Thanks. Most of the time thats what I do. Neways, welcome.

Directhit said...

mm its what u feel abt u which is more important than wht others feel abt u!! atleast thts wht i believe in! if ur "friends" cant take u the way u are then its not ur fault........ Cheer Up!!

Anonymous said...

I almost feel the same way as you. For me, it's that some people naturally hate me for no reason at all and some people will go at great lengths to be my friend. I'm stuck in the same boat so don't feel alone.

RP said...

@anoop:
if ur "friends" cant take u the way u are then its not ur fault........
I sincerely hope so.

@anonymous:
I'm stuck in the same boat so don't feel alone.
So very encourgaing. But ye knw wut? It is nt gud 2 have such feelings, rite? Else our lives will be difficult

Anonymous said...

Buddy.. i don't think all these applies to all those people around u.. I spend almost 8 hrs in office and this might be only because of ur frustration caused by our managers for what ever reason it might be ;-)

Anonymous said...

forget those ppl i think every1 will question themselves when they get hit back and for all ppl who doubt this just wait till it hapens to u

Anonymous said...

hmmm hey RP...I actually found the is blog while googling 'why do people hate me' so i feel quite the same. I cannot see what is wrong with me but everyone else seems to be able to see a zillion faults about me. I dont understand... ha i just realized this blogs like 3 years old so u probably wont even read this but its nice to know that someone felt the same as i do now

RP said...

@anon: yeah, i read through your comment and thanks for expressing it. this post might be 3 years old but i am still outta here and will read it nevertheless! :-)

coming to your troubles, i am extremely sorry to hear about it. I realized that such mood-swings are for a good cause. we tend to revisit our mistakes and get ourselves in right shape. good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

You dont know how similar my story is.

Sometimes I can feel on top of the world being with people and feeling like they actually want to be around you.

But then there are the times, many more times, when I feel exactly the same as you.

I have just come to except that is the human nature, they are only friends when it suits them.

I have to appreciate the smaller things in life. Despite my family situation among other things.

Im sure there nothing wrong with you. Just the people you want to be accepted by, and you really shouldnt feel that way.

Do what you wamt to do, make that extra effort for people you do like and just be civil to those that dont even deserve it.

rampy said...

I read through your both the posts RP!

I guess, many of us (infact, I believe, unless one has been a laid-back or a 'enough-in-this-life' guy, everyone) goes through this.
You have been honest and should I say a guy with guts to put it up here...
Many of us go through this. So, cheer up! ;-)

In my views there have been two broad categories:

1. The person is so hurt (for something which we might have not even realized) that they want to show their importance in your life and make you realize their value. At the same time, the other side would also be suffering.

2.Another category of persons are who dont care a shit about you. But then, after a long period of time, with an attitude of, its ok. The child has suffered enough. Let us make him our friend again (Is it sympathy?), we are embraced again.

For the first category, be ready to do anything for them in their life. Because, they are hurt and hence, they want you also to get hurt. In the process, the friction gets both together and become stronger bonds.

For the second category, be ready to get back as friends (only when possible without much of loss of our ego :) ) but only as friends, not friends-for-life. Atleast for sake of the beautiful moments that were spent together earlier, can continue to be part of each other's life.

As you read this today, you will be in a better position (ofcourse than me!). So, your thoughts, as of today, would be appreciated if this situation was to appear to you now! Would you ever allow such a situation to re-appear? How would you avoid it? If it still appears, how would you go about it? :)

Anonymous said...

hear ya, lol. I have got to be the most hated person in my backyard because I did what others were doing but never hide my experiences bad or good or ugly, but those who want to keep the front of "I am a good person" to thier children will use another as a scapegoat for thier past experiences.
I have come to understand that many hate because they deny the truth about themselves and are envious of those who have no quames of sharing thier experiences.
its easier to blame another then to confess to your family or close friends that you were a divient at one time.